As we reported earlier this week
, Mathew Knowles
, the father and former manager of megastar Beyoncé Knowles
, has filed court papers against Live Nation Entertainment
over claims he stole funds from this daughter.
After lots of speculation on the details of the case, Knowles finally responded in an interview with the Associated Press yesterday.
"We absolutely have not taken any money from Beyoncé, and all dollars will be accounted for," he said. "In no way have we stole money. Again, this about the people who have made these claims - they have to come into the light."
Knowles said that while he has not specifically addressed these claims with Beyoncé herself, he did tell her that the "the only way [they] will be able to understand this is through a court of law."
In March, Beyoncé's camp released a statement announcing the split with her father. "He is my father for life and I love my dad dearly," the singer said in a statement. "I am grateful for everything he has taught me."
On Thursday, Mathew Knowles corroborated the mutual goodwill. "The relationship with Beyoncé is extremely amicable," he said. "I want to make that clear. Where there's concern is the people that she's doing business with, I'm challenging all of these folks on integrity, professional integrity."
But when later asked he did admit that they hadn't spoken since she let him go.
After years of watching this family work together to build a music, movie and fashion empire, we hope this issue gets resolved soon and the wounds from this scandal get healed for the Knowles family's sake.
Neither representatives for Beyoncé nor Roc Nation
have commented on Mathew Knowles case or recent statements.